Magnesium is an amazing miracle mineral, involved in over 300 enzymatic reactions in the body. It is required for energy production, muscle and nerve function, blood pressure regulation, bone strength and much more. Magnesium is so vital for maintaining overall health. Modern day diets can tend to be deficient in magnesium due to poor mineral content in the soil and food processing. This is where a good quality magnesium supplement could come in handy, to support these vital processes in the body.
The benefits of Magnesium Ultra Potent:
• Reduced stress and anxiety: Magnesium helps to relax and calm the nervous system. Stress depletes magnesium stores in the body, making us more susceptible to stress, through a vicious cycle of stress and magnesium depletion. Added zinc which is required for the production of neurotransmitters (brain chemicals) which help to stabilize mood.
• Headache / migraine management: Several studies have reported that magnesium supplementation can help to relieve headaches or migraines by reducing blood vessel constriction and spasms in your head. Magnesium could be used to reduce the frequency and severity of headaches and migraines. Added selenium could help to decrease inflammation associated with headaches.
• Decreased muscle cramps: Electrolyte imbalance is often linked with muscle cramps or spasms. Out of all the electrolytes, magnesium is the most commonly deficient and is associated with muscular cramps, spasms and tightness. Many people experience relief from their cramps when supplementing with magnesium.
• Improved sleep: As magnesium helps to calm the nervous system, it is a great supplement to take before bed to help reduce stress and evoke relaxation. Stress is one of the most common causes of a poor night's sleep, so helping to reduce stress could be beneficial for a restful sleep. Added taurine also helps to calm the nervous system for a better sleep.
• Blood sugar stabilisation: Magnesium plays an important role in glucose metabolism. It assists with insulin release and glucose transport for energy use. It could be beneficial for those with insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes.
• Improved mood: Inadequate levels of magnesium in the body can reduce levels of serotonin - the happy hormone. Increasing magnesium levels could help to improve overall mood.
• Healthy bowel motions: As magnesium is a smooth muscle relaxant, it can be beneficial in cases of constipation. Magnesium could help to relax the bowel for easier passing.
• Normalising blood pressure: Magnesium can help to relax the walls of the arteries, allowing the blood to flow more freely. It also helps to reduce stress, which is a risk factor for high blood pressure. A number of studies have found a relationship between low levels of magnesium and high blood pressure.
• Improved energy: Magnesium plays a vital role in the energy production pathway. Depleted magnesium stores could contribute to symptoms of low energy.
• Bone strength: A large percentage of magnesium is stored in the bones and studies have found that magnesium deficiency is associated with decrease bone density and increased risk of fracture. Magnesium could help to maintain healthy bones.
Free from Dairy, Yeast & Lactose.
Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner.